Black Bottom Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped almonds, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Stir in chips; set aside.
- For cupcakes, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, egg, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with chocolate batter. Drop a heaping tablespoonful of cheese mixture in center of batter of each cupcake. Sprinkle with sugar and chopped almonds if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20-24 cupcakes.
Reviews for Black Bottom Cupcakes
Sort By :
These were a hit! Took them to the cottage last weekend and everyone loved them and asked for the recipe! Will make these again!
My grandmother made these regularly, they've been a family favorite for years.
These are my husband's favorite. His mom would make these every year at Christmas.
I have made these cup cakes forever. My adult son gets them every year for his birthday. I always make them in a mini size and double the recipe for approx. 90 cakes or so.
Didn't use the nuts, but it was still great! A friend who doesn't like chocolate even loved them! lol Will definitely make again, since the gals at work were upset they didn't get more!