- vinegar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa,
- baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with chocolate batter. Drop a
- heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture in center of batter of each
- cupcake. Sprinkle with sugar and chopped almonds if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before
- removing to racks to cool completely. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 20-24 cupcakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 174 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.