Black Bottom Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped almonds, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Stir in chips; set aside.
- 2. For cupcakes, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, egg, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with chocolate batter. Drop a heaping tablespoonful of cheese mixture in center of batter of each cupcake. Sprinkle with sugar and chopped almonds if desired.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20-24 cupcakes.
1 each: 174 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Black Bottom Cupcakes
"These are great especially when warm and the choc chips are melted! Only thing I did differently was added vanilla to the cheesecake mix and I sprinkled raw sugar on the top of each cupcake. Highly recommend this recipe!"
"These were a hit! Took them to the cottage last weekend and everyone loved them and asked for the recipe! Will make these again!"
"My grandmother made these regularly, they've been a family favorite for years."
"These are my husband's favorite. His mom would make these every year at Christmas.Excellent recipe."
"I have made these cup cakes forever. My adult son gets them every year for his birthday. I always make them in a mini size and double the recipe for approx. 90 cakes or so."
"Didn't use the nuts, but it was still great! A friend who doesn't like chocolate even loved them! lol Will definitely make again, since the gals at work were upset they didn't get more!"
"I got rave reviews when I made this for a bridal shower. Chocolate & cheesecake are a match made in heaven!"
"I covered the cream cheese mixture in the chocolate batter so the filling was a surprise! Yummy!!"
"I've been making these cupcakes for many years but with a topping of chopped walnuts, chocolate chips and sugar."
"I have made these during halloween and I added orange foodcolor to the filling. They are very good!"
"Very good recipe."
"This recipe was the best one I ever made."
"This is also a recipe from my childhood. I made them today form my husband's trip across the country- they travel well and keep nicely- no frosting to smudge!"
"They're DELICIOUS! Very cheesecake-y and not overly sweet. Frosting them would be overkill and might even detract from their perfection. I used brown sugar instead of white in the cupcake portion. If you're low on chocolate chips that's okay...1 cup of them is very generous here. The almonds are a great addition. Will make repeatedly!!!"
"My family loved this one!! I made it when friends came over and they wanted the recipe - as did my sister who tried it the next day. My husband has asked me when I will make them again.Easy to prepare, most things are on hand (except the cream cheese), and totally yummy."
"Thanks for new easier Add to my Recipe Box"