Black Beans and Sausage Recipe
This recipe is quick and easy to make. Your family will be asking for seconds.—Sharon Hunt, Spring Hill, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cooked and sliced
- 1. In a skillet, heat oil. Cook onion until tender. Add the tomatoes, beans and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add sausage and let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 353 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 931 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC