Black Beans and Sausage
This recipe is quick and easy to make. Your family will be asking for seconds.—Sharon Hunt, Spring Hill, Florida
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cooked and sliced
- In a skillet, heat oil. Cook onion until tender. Add the tomatoes,
- beans and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat and
- simmer 5 minutes. Add sausage and let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 353 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 931 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.