This recipe is quick and easy to make. Your family will be asking for seconds.—Sharon Hunt, Spring Hill, Florida
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound pork sausage links, cooked and sliced
- In a skillet, heat oil. Cook onion until tender. Add the tomatoes, beans and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add sausage and let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Black Beans and Sausage in Country Woman January/February 1992, p35
Reviews for Black Beans and Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review