- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Just before serving, discard bay leaf from bean mixture; add vinegar
- and oil. Serve over rice. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon
- cheese, 1 tablespoon red pepper and 1 teaspoon jalapenos. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup bean mixture with 1/2 cup rice) equals 324 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.