"I created this recipe one night when we were in the mood for enchiladas but didn't want all the fat and calories of the traditional ones. I used ingredients I had on hand that day, and now this recipe's a family favorite!" —Nicole Barnett, Centennial, Colorado
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the beans, corn, chilies, taco seasoning and cilantro; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 enchiladas.
Originally published as Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p55
Reviews for Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review