Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas Recipe
"I created this recipe one night when we were in the mood for enchiladas but didn't want all the fat and calories of the traditional ones. I used ingredients I had on hand that day, and now this recipe's a family favorite!" —Nicole Barnett, Centennial, Colorado
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the beans, corn, chilies, taco seasoning and cilantro; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 enchiladas.
1 enchilada equals 292 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC