- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the beans, corn, chilies, taco seasoning and cilantro; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 enchiladas.
Reviews for Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas
Sort By :
"I added salsa and fresh cilantro to the filling, and additional enchilada sauce over the top. Yummy!"
"Delicious! After baking I topped the enchiladas with sour cream, fresh cilantro (also fresh cilantro inside the enchiladas) and avocado."
"This recipe was good. I added sweet potatoes, fresh cilantro and used salsa instead of the enchilada sauce. We used more cheese and sauce than the recipe called for. I think this is a good basic recipe that we will use many variations on. We served this recipe with sour cream."
"I used more enchilada sauce, and more cheese and covered while baking. But, a total hit, and I'll keep this one!"
"I didn't love this recipe. We found it to be a bit dry and lacking in flavor."