Black Bean Veggie Burritos Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the sweet potato, onion and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Stir in the beans, corn, green pepper, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings.
- 2. Spoon a heaping 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- 3. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with yogurt and salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 362 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Black Bean Veggie Burritos
"These are delicious! Easy to make ahead and freeze for a quick meal.-BA"
"I really liked these burritos. My 3-year-old son didn't care for them quite as much. I left out the cheese and put the salsa inside the burrito. It worked great!"
"Yummy way to pack a bunch of veggies into a meal. I used less cheese to reduce the fat."