Black Bean Veggie Burger Salad Recipe
“This lower fat version of a traditional taco salad doesn't lose any of the flavor,” writes Mary Bilyeu of Ann Arbor, Michigan. The creamy, flavorful dressing complements the unique use of a veggie burger as well.
- 2 frozen spicy black bean veggie burgers
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Cook veggie burgers according to package directions. Divide the salad greens, tomatoes, corn and onion between two serving plates. Crumble burgers; sprinkle each salad with burgers, chips and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, salsa and taco seasoning; serve with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Veggie Burger Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Black Bean Veggie Burger Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salad Recipes For Two >