Black Bean Veggie Burger Salad
“This lower fat version of a traditional taco salad doesn't lose any of the flavor,” writes Mary Bilyeu of Ann Arbor, Michigan. The creamy, flavorful dressing complements the unique use of a veggie burger as well.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 frozen spicy black bean veggie burgers
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Cook veggie burgers according to package directions. Divide the salad
- greens, tomatoes, corn and onion between two serving plates. Crumble
- burgers; sprinkle each salad with burgers, chips and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, salsa and taco
- seasoning; serve with salad.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free salad dressing and reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend) equals 395 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1,454 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 24 g protein.