“This lower fat version of a traditional taco salad doesn't lose any of the flavor,” writes Mary Bilyeu of Ann Arbor, Michigan. The creamy, flavorful dressing complements the unique use of a veggie burger as well.
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 frozen spicy black bean veggie burgers
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Cook veggie burgers according to package directions. Divide the salad greens, tomatoes, corn and onion between two serving plates. Crumble burgers; sprinkle each salad with burgers, chips and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, salsa and taco seasoning; serve with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Veggie Burger Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p35