Black Bean Vegetable Salad
WHEN I had a large vegetable garden, I had fun creating recipes, depending on what was ready for picking.
I've found this salad complements meat or fish entrees and can be served even if you have another vegetable as a side dish.
-Mildred Sherrer, Bay City , Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.