Black Bean Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 14 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey, onion and seasonings over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender. Stir in cream cheese and 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend until melted. Stir in beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies and salsa.
- Place 1/2 cup turkey mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in two 13x9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray, seam side down. Top with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake casseroles, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with yogurt. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean Turkey Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Incredible! I used half the amount of cream cheese like others had suggested and it was superb! Thanks for sharing."
"These are like the good ol' classic enchiladas that I grew up with in the Midwest. I froze them in 3-serving batches so my husband and I could have dinner and I'd have leftovers for lunch the next day. Good deal. I used corn tortillas to avoid the gumminess that comes from letting flour tortillas sit in sauce too long. Next time I make them, I'll crank up the spice level. They're really mild (but so creamy!)."
"This IS NOT a recipe for enchiladas. Enchiladas use corn tortillas--NOT FLOUR. That automatically makes them burritos."
"Everything but the cream cheese. Not healthy, and just fat so leave out. 13 grams fat per 1 little enchilada is NOT healthy!!"
"This is a FABULOUS quick recipe. I used ground chicken breast and made my own taco seasoning to omit the salt. Same with the sauce, made my own to reduce the sodium count. I also made them in the Reynolds freezer pans. 3 fits very nicely and perfect amount for hubs and I. Serve with chopped avocado salad and you have a complete meal. Thank you for sharing."