- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 14 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey, onion and seasonings over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender. Stir in cream cheese and 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend until melted. Stir in beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies and salsa.
- Place 1/2 cup turkey mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in two 13x9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray, seam side down. Top with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake casseroles, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with yogurt.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casseroles as directed, increasing time to 20-25 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean Turkey Enchiladas
Sort By :
"This was excellent ! Will definately make again"
"I have tried a lot of the recipes, and enjoyed them, but how do you reduce the servings???"
"I added some more spice as my family likes it hot. Good recipe with half the cheese."
"We loved this recipe! Also loved that we had another meal in the freezer!"
"Incredible! I used half the amount of cream cheese like others had suggested and it was superb! Thanks for sharing."