Black Bean Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 14 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey, onion and seasonings over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender. Stir in cream cheese and 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend until melted. Stir in beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies and salsa.
- 2. Place 1/2 cup turkey mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in two 13x9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray, seam side down. Top with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake casseroles, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with yogurt.
- 4. Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casseroles, as directed, increasing time to 20-25 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 14 servings.
1 enchilada equals 343 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.