- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn (about 8 ounces), thawed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a 6-qt stockpot, cook and crumble turkey with green pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in seasonings; cook 1 minute.
Stir in tomato sauce, beans, corn, tomato and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, to allow flavors to blend, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Turkey Chili in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Black Bean Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review