Black Bean Tortilla Pie Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, cumin and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Stir in corn and green onions; remove from the heat.
- Place one tortilla in a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with 1-1/2 cups bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortilla. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean Tortilla Pie(18)
Sort By :
I made this last night in preparation for Lent, and found it delicious. I used onion/chili tortillas from Trader Joes, and used canned chilies instead of green peppers, and their frozen roasted corn, and twice as much cheese. I was afraid of the liquid, but it cooked down and the thing was solid and cut beautifully into large, filling wedges. I thought it wouldn't be enough for four people, but it's very filling. I would top with sour cream and pico de gallo. I will also add sliced black olives. I did add some extra cumin and red pepper because we like spicy. Overall, a great recipe for Lent and my husband who hates vegetarian dishes usually said I could make it any time.
My husband liked this recipe but I didn't care for it much
This was so delicious! Definitely will make again! I did add some cayenne pepper for some heat.
Very good and tasty recipe. My husband is not a fan of ground turkey but he actually requested that I make this again. I used whole wheat tortillas and I didn't have a springform pan, so I put it all in a cast iron pan in the oven. It worked perfectly!
Wonderful recipe! I made this tonight, and my entire family raved about it. The only change I made was to add twice the amount of cheese that the recipe called for.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >