Black Bean Tortilla Pie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, onion, cumin and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in beans and broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and green onions; remove from heat.
- 3. Place one tortilla in a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with 1-1/2 cups bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortilla. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wedge equals 353 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 842 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.