- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans and salsa; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, milk, egg and 1 cup cheese. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture over crust, leaving a 1/2-in. edge. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean Tamale Pie
Sort By :
"I used the ground beef, didn't change a thing on the recipe and it was so good!!!!!!!"
"I added taco seasoning to the ground beef, as well. My pie pan overflowed in the oven, but I think I just used too small of a pan. Oh, well - it still tasted delicious!"
"VERY GOOD AND EASY TO MAKE"
"Loved this... I made it with Boca crumbles instead of ground beef for a yummy vegetarian dish. I'll make it again with ground beef, though, when my vegetarian son isn't home. I also added a half-can of corn. I used a 9.5 inch pie plate and there was almost enough filling for a second pie!"