Black Bean Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 4 cups nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, beans and beef. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange tortilla chips on a serving plate; top with beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 672 calories, 37g fat (10g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 970mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Black Bean Taco Salad
"I've been eating this dish since I was little. The only difference is my mother used kidney beans instead of black beans and added a little Mexican cheese. Either way, it'S really good."
"Delicious -- even though we didn't have cheese flavored chips. Will definitely make again."
"Loved this taco salad. Very quick, easy and delicious."
"So quick, so easy, so good, and so inexpensive! Even the picky eaters liked it."
"I enjoyed this recipe. The 2nd time I made it I used ground chicken instead of beef, & I liked it better."
"I cooked my beef w/my homemade taco seasoning, topped w/ sour cream, was great!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.