Black Bean Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Mild Southwestern spices pep up this play on the classic meatless main dish. The colorful peppers and cheesy topping invite everyone at the table to dig in!
- 1 each large green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, broth, rice, onion, orange juice, chili powder and 1 cup cheese; spoon into peppers. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed pepper: 433 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 984mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 10g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC