- 1 each large green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, broth, rice, onion, orange juice, chili powder and 1 cup cheese; spoon into peppers. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p57
Reviews for Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >