- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans and pepper. Top with tomatoes and zucchini; sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Black Bean Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2010
Being a vegetarian I am always on the look out for recipes with beans. This combination is great.