Black Bean Spinach Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. In a small bowl, combine the beans, onion, chili powder, cumin and garlic; spread over crust. Layer with salsa, spinach and cilantro. Sprinkle with hot pepper sauce and cheeses.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 283 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Black Bean Spinach Pizza
"I thought this was just okay, kind of a strange combination of ingredients and tastes. I will probably not make again."
"This was very tasty and easy to make. I used fresh spinach instead of the frozen. Also bought the combination mild cheddar and jack cheese. Hubby and I decided this would make a great appetizer too."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.