Black Bean Spinach Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. In a small bowl, combine the beans, onion, chili powder, cumin and garlic; spread over crust. Layer with salsa, spinach and cilantro. Sprinkle with hot pepper sauce and cheeses.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 283 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Spinach Pizza
"I thought this was just okay, kind of a strange combination of ingredients and tastes. I will probably not make again."
"This was very tasty and easy to make. I used fresh spinach instead of the frozen. Also bought the combination mild cheddar and jack cheese. Hubby and I decided this would make a great appetizer too."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.