"A relative brought this vegetarian pizza to a family gathering, and everyone enjoyed it," says Kim Balvance from Shakopee, Minnesota. "It's great right out of the oven, but I think leftovers are even better reheated the next day."
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. In a small bowl, combine the beans, onion, chili powder, cumin and garlic; spread over crust. Layer with salsa, spinach and cilantro. Sprinkle with hot pepper sauce and cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Black Bean Spinach Pizza in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p56
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Black Bean Spinach Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review