Black Bean Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime peel, optional
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the picante sauce, cilantro, lime juice, oil, honey, salt and lime peel if desired. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Using a slotted spoon, spoon onto a lettuce-lined serving platter or salad plates. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 224 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.