- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime peel, optional
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the picante sauce, cilantro, lime juice, oil, honey, salt and lime peel if desired. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon onto a lettuce-lined serving platter or salad plates. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Black Bean Shrimp Salad
"This was okay but not great. The seasoning combination worked well, but it seemed like it would have been better served as a hot dish instead of a salad."
"Have fixed this several times and will continue to do so. I love the combination of flavors. Very good."
"I like to add thawed frozen corn to this recipe and I also like to use small frozen salad shrimp. It's a perfect light meal! Love it."