Black Bean Sausage Chili Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage and garlic over medium heat until the sausage is not longer pink.
- 2. Add green pepper and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce and paste, water, chili powder, oregano, salt, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
1 cup: 282 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1222mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Sausage Chili
"My husband says this is the best chili I've ever made. I intend to make this again in the near future."