- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and garlic over medium heat until the sausage is not longer pink.
- Add green pepper and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce and paste, water, chili powder, oregano, salt, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Black Bean Sausage Chili
"My husband says this is the best chili I've ever made. I intend to make this again in the near future."
"Very Good..to seanson it I just used a Chili Pack..out of chili power. I also made another can of black beans..I love beans. I will make this one again."
"This was good but it is more like a unique pasta sauce. Very much a tomato base recipe. I served this with Romaine Salad with Avocado Dressing."