Black Bean Salsa
This recipe is great for entertaining. Guests will be impressed with the wonderful taste of this salsa.Susan Cochran, Anaheim, California
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Drain beans, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. In a bowl, combine lime
- juice, half the beans and the reserved bean liquid. Mash until
- smooth. Stir in remaining beans, cilantro, onion, garlic, tomatoes
- and salt. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.