Black Bean Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- BLACK BEAN SALSA:
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- Sour cream and lime wedges, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. For salsa, in a bowl, combine the beans, mango, cilantro, lime juice, oil, brown sugar and jalapeno. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat 7-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with salsa. Garnish with sour cream and lime if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Black Bean Salsa Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.