Black Bean Rice Bake Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook the rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, beans, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, corn, peas, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in rice.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 418 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Rice Bake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.