Black Bean Quesadillas
"When I get home late from work as an operating room nurse, I often rely on this handy recipe," says Jane Epping of Iowa City, Iowa. "Topped with salsa and sour cream, the crisp wedges are always a hit. when I have extra time, I add chopped onion, black olives and green chilies to the beans."
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2/3 cups salsa, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, mash beans; add 1 cup salsa. Place five tortillas on
- ungreased baking sheets; spread with bean mixture. Sprinkle with
- cheese; top with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
- Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream and
- remaining salsa. Yield: 30 wedges.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge with about 1 teaspoon salsa and 1 teaspoon sour cream equals 113 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.