"When I get home late from work as an operating room nurse, I often rely on this handy recipe," says Jane Epping of Iowa City, Iowa. "Topped with salsa and sour cream, the crisp wedges are always a hit. when I have extra time, I add chopped onion, black olives and green chilies to the beans."
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2/3 cups salsa, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, mash beans; add 1 cup salsa. Place five tortillas on ungreased baking sheets; spread with bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; top with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until crisp and heated through. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream and remaining salsa. Yield: 30 wedges.
Originally published as Black Bean Quesadillas in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p8
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Black Bean Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review