Black Bean-Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, optional
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- Place beans and tomatoes in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic and cumin; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, pumpkin, vinegar, pepper and bean mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in bourbon if desired. Garnish each serving with sour cream, green onions and pumpkin seeds. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Black Bean-Pumpkin Soup
Sort By :
"By far my favorite soup recipe ever!! I would not change anything about this.For a more detailed review and recipe, I have posted about it on my blog, Healthy Living Revelationshttp://www.healthylivingrevelations.com/2013/09/03/slow-cooker-pumpkin-black-bean-soup/"
"I love this, and never had black bean / pumpkin in a soup before. It will be a repeat for sure for me."
"I found this a bit bland, and agree with a previous review that I did not taste the pumpkin. Added a bit more ground cumin and a sprinkle of chili powder to my leftovers. We'll see if the flavor improves!"
"This soup is delicious! My husband usually shies away from this type of soup but he really liked it. It's perfect for cool autumn evenings! I served it with applesauce and corn muffins. Didn't have the pumpkin seeds, which I love. Maybe next time- will definitely make again. I love how nutritious this meal is."
"I made this for a menu tasting party. All my clients LOVED it!"