Black Bean Potato Chili Recipe
Although I was always interested in cooking, I never got a chance to do much of it until I got married. I used to only rely on cookbooks, but over time, I became more confident and started creating my own recipes. This is one I'm especially proud of. - Giovanna Garver, Paonia, Colorado
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place the beans in a soup kettle or Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2-in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1-4 hours or until beans are softened. Drain and discard liquid.
- 2. Add 6 cups water to the beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are almost tender. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until soup reaches desired consistency. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC