"Tomatoes and cheese give this bean pizza traditional pizza flavor, says Janet Miller of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Press dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until crust just begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add the beans and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through; drain.
- Sprinkle 2/3 cup cheese over crust. Top with bean mixture and remaining cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until crust is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Pizza in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Black Bean Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review