Black Bean Pita Pockets Recipe
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pita bread (6 inches), halved
- 3/4 cup torn romaine
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Just before serving, fill pita bread halves with romaine, bean mixture and tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
1 filled pita half (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 319 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Pita Pockets
"Also makes a great dip!"
"We love how tasty and healthy these are! We make them often."