Black Bean Pineapple Salad
“I created this when I had little left in the fridge and needed something healthy and fast. The black beans and pineapple go well together and it's so easy to make!” Julie Muccillo - Chicago, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red and orange peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, pineapple, beans, peppers and
- cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 149 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.