Black Bean Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, combine the green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomato sauce and black beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in pasta. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 252 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Black Bean Pasta
"This recipe should not be called 'Black Bean Pasta'. That would mean the pasta is made using black beans. Of which there is such recipes. The recipe should read: Pasta With Black Beans."
"Wasn't one of my favorites I have made. Was hoping for more flavor..."
"I'll add this to my short list of delicious meals I can fix when I don't have much time. For a gluten-free meal, I served this over brown rice instead of pasta."