Black Bean Pasta Salad Recipe
Cooking healthy doesn't mean you have to spend hours in a hot kitchen. Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson serves a low-fat, fuss-free fiesta at her Lusby, Maryland home by simply combining a refrigerating a few tasty ingredients.
- 8 ounces rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 221 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Black Bean Pasta Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC