Black Bean Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup equals 221 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Black Bean Pasta Salad
"This is so easy to make and it's a nice change of pace from the usual mayo based macaroni salad or the Italian dressing based pasta salads. Would definately recommend trying."