Cooking healthy doesn't mean you have to spend hours in a hot kitchen. Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson serves a low-fat, fuss-free fiesta at her Lusby, Maryland home by simply combining a refrigerating a few tasty ingredients.
- 8 ounces rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p21
Reviews for Black Bean Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review