Cooking healthy doesn't mean you have to spend hours in a hot kitchen. Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson serves a low-fat, fuss-free fiesta at her Lusby, Maryland home by simply combining a refrigerating a few tasty ingredients.
Featured In: 30 Healthy Dinner Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 8 ounces rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p21
Reviews for Black Bean Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 8, 2011
"This is so easy to make and it's a nice change of pace from the usual mayo based macaroni salad or the Italian dressing based pasta salads. Would definately recommend trying."