Black Bean-Mango Salad
This fresh-tasting salad is a lively side dish for chicken or fish. Simple to put together and pack for a picnic, it’s a yummy way to slip more fruit and veggies into meals.Donna Hollon, Port Orchard, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 127 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.