This fresh-tasting salad is a lively side dish for chicken or fish. Simple to put together and pack for a picnic, it’s a yummy way to slip more fruit and veggies into meals.—Donna Hollon, Port Orchard, Washington
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean-Mango Salad in Country Woman April/May 2010, p45
Reviews for Black Bean-Mango Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2016
"This salad is wonderful! My husband and I thought the recipe was delicious as a side salad, but found it equally as tasty when served as a salsa with tortilla chips!"