"I first tried this colorful chilled soup at my best friend's house during one of the hottest summers I can remember," recalls Shelley Graff of Philo, Illinois. "Its garden-fresh flavor really hit the spot!"
- 3 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) spicy hot V8 juice
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet yellow and red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Gazpacho in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p10
Reviews for Black Bean Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2012
"Great cold soup, protein and crunchy veggies hit the spot on a hot day."