"I first tried this colorful chilled soup at my best friend's house during one of the hottest summers I can remember," recalls Shelley Graff of Philo, Illinois. "Its garden-fresh flavor really hit the spot!"
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes to Make This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) spicy hot V8 juice
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet yellow and red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Gazpacho in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p10