Black Bean Fajitas Recipe
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. Place yellow and red pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add beans; cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla; top with tomato, salsa, cheese and sour cream. Fold in half. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fajita equals 257 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Black Bean Fajitas
"This is a 'go-to' lunch recipe for me. It tastes great and is ready in no time!"