Black Bean Fajitas Recipe
"For lunch one day, I dreamed up these fajitas using leftover black beans I had in the refrigerator and a tomato and peppers from my visit to the local farmers market," relates Linda Rock of Stratford, Wisconsin. "It made a fast and satisfying light meal."
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Place yellow and red pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add beans; cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through.
- Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla; top with tomato, salsa, cheese and sour cream. Fold in half. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Fajitas in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p19
Reviews for Black Bean Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 7, 2013
"This is a 'go-to' lunch recipe for me. It tastes great and is ready in no time!"