Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook and stir onion and green pepper in broth for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Mash one can of black beans. Add to the skillet with 3/4 cup of picante sauce and remaining beans; heat through.
- 2. Spoon 1/4 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and remaining picante sauce; spoon over enchiladas.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer. To serve, place 1/2 cup lettuce on each place and top with two enchiladas. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2 enchiladas) equals 404 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 1,477 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.