- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a nonstick skillet, cook and stir onion and green pepper in broth for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Mash one can of black beans. Add to the skillet with 3/4 cup of picante sauce and remaining beans; heat through.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and remaining picante sauce; spoon over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer. To serve, place 1/2 cup lettuce on each place and top with two enchiladas. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean Enchiladas
Sort By :
Its really hard to find recipes that my kids enjoy especially healthy ones. Its easy to make and I often make enough for two nights.
very tasty. didn't even miss the meat. we thought they needed more sauce on top, though, so served with salsa in addition to sour cream. next time will use more picante sauce before baking.
This is my favorite recipe. I make it ever time I do my OAMC. YUMMY!
Love this recipe - these are DIVINE!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >